Thursday, January 18, 2007

Noel & Beast: Part 1; Lets jump.

Once again we are on a train. This time heading to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. I have never seen a Salt Flat before and am curious just what it will look like.

Once there, I was in awe. It was beautiful



Here is a picture of a land marker:


You know, for memory purposes.


We look around a bit before spotting the Amazing Race booth. This guy was standing near it:



He was in charge of telling the contestants what the roadblock was. One of us is to go with the Flying Elvi over the Salt Flat in an airplane and jump. Do these crazy formations and have to stay in place.

Not real hard to do, I have done something like this back on Neptonian. I was really good too. I tell Hank that I can do this and have experience. He lets me go jump while he stays below and watches.

This will be fun.

I meet up with this group of men:



They take me to this rather primitive looking piece of air craft.



Once in the air we all get a birds eye view of the Salt Flats.




Then it is time to jump. Todd (yes I figured out his name) was the first out. He takes several pictures of the different formations we did.

Here's when we all jumped out of the plane. I'm the one closest to the plane(I think).



Formation 1:

We start off as a small group.



Formation 2:

Then get more people.




Formation 3:

And more.


Formation 4:

And finally everyone joins as one big group.



Finally we all pull apart so we can deploy our parachutes. I go to pull my cord and something goes terribly wrong.



My chute is tangled and fails to open properly.

To be continued......

9 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Well that's stinky. And you were doing so well. And, er, just to clarify, neither the producers of the show nor the CBS television network assume any liability for the, um, discorporation of the participants.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Use the reserve! It's on the front! Quick, pull the handle, pull the handle! Wait, where is it?

8:04 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

The problem falling from that height is you can scream until you pass out, then wake up and still be falling. I’ll run and get some mattresses to land on.


Also, what is up with the bad cloaking devise the jumpers in the first jump picture are using? I can still tell they are there. Oh No they might be COBRAs still made at you from the last challenge.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bennet said...

Smells like sabotage.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Do you smell sabotage, Mr. bennet, or cabbage?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bennet said...

*sniff* Hmm... *sniff* It's sabotage... *sniff* ...ooh, and bacon... *sniff* ...hairspray... *sniff* *sniff* ...cactus juices and cottage cheese... *sniff* ...and an Intergalactic Gladiator.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That's quite a honker you got there, Mr. Bennet. You're not related to Judd Nelson are you?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

At least there wasn't an anvil in there.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Paula Abdrool said...

This is sooooo exciting! I have goosebumps! Real goosebumps!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home