Saturday, February 24, 2007

Noel & Beast: Part 1, Lets eat.

Hank and I are waiting at the docks for our boat to arrive. Soon we see this:



arrive. *You have to be kidding me, it will take forever to get where we have to go in that piece of junk.* I think. I then give Hank a look and he just shrugs and says "Let's go."

We get on and soon we are heading to open waters. The crew on the boat says very little and won't tell us where we are going. To my surprise the little boat is pretty fast and soon we spot a small island.



"There is your destination." The captain finally says.

He drops us off and says "Good luck." Then leaves us in a hurry.

We head down a foggy path, hoping it is the way we are supposed to go.



Soon we enter a small village and meet its natives.



They seem to be looking at something. We walk over and see this Giant Ape.



He is chained up and doesn't look to happy. I have a feeling he will have something to do with either our Roadblock or Detour.

The native people take us to a large hut. There are several tables covered in covered dishes. An elder approaches us and says "One of you has to eat to continue" I think this is our Roadblock.

I look at Hank and tell him "Hey, I think you can handle this one." He nods and heads over to one of the tables. He has never been a fussy eater, and who knows what is in those dishes. I can tell Hank is already regretting this, just by the look on his face.



Hank takes his place at one of the tables and asks the elder "So what is it I'll be eating?" The elder walks over and starts taking off the lids:


Cricket Ka-Bobs.



Some NASTY looking soup.



Fried Caterpillars.




Fried Grasshoppers.



Some other kind of fried bug.



And THIS???

Hank sits and gets ready to eat. He gives me a quick look, and I flash him a small encouraging smile. I am so glad I am not him right now. I sit back as he starts to eat. He goes for the soup first, then the meat head, last is the fried bugs. Once he is done he looks a bit green, but still manages a small smile. I just hope he don't get sick before we get to the Pitstop.

He walks over and I ask "So how was it?"

"Not to bad actually, However......" He is interrupted by a large crash and yells from outside. We run outside and see that the Giant Ape has escaped.


And boy does he look mad.

To be continued.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Gyrobo said...

Why do giant apes always make me think of punk rock? It's very strange.

12:53 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I can hear him singing "We're not going to take it, oh no we're not going to take it...." Am I the only one?

9:57 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Hank always has that look on his face. He has a bit of a dingleberry problem that just drives him crazy.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home