Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Jon and Nightcrawler: A slow boat to Skull Island




We stood there and watched the other contestants taking off. Because of the Yield, Nightcrawler and I were required to wait one hour. My partner stood quietly but I was getting antsy.

An hour isn't that long, right? Not when you're talking about a group of super powered individuals. In an hour, anything could happen with these guys. Wolverine, for instance, could probably join three or four teams in one hour.

One hour. Sixty minutes. 3600 Seconds. Finally, our Yield was over and we quickly hopped the steamer for Skull Island.


No, not that kind of a steamer.


This kind.

Join the X-Men, see the world!
We arrived and the locals ushered us to our table. Spread out before us was a smorgasbord of some of the most disgusting food imaginable.

“Zat is unbelievable.” Nightcrawler stifled a gag. “Zat is just… so…”

I looked at the food.

“Yeah, I can eat it,” I said.

“Oh, it looks terrible,” Nightcrawler said.

“It’s OK, I can do this,” I replied.

“It looks sehr schlecht,” he added.

“Yeah I know,” I agreed. “Gotta do it, though.”

“So gross, so revolting.”

“I said I know,” I replied. “Did you read a thesaurus on our trip or something?”

Nightcrawler looked at me and slowly shook his head. “Good luck.”
Hillary doesn't like the chilled monkey brains
I sat down to my meal. Someone with any less of a constitution would probably not be able to endure this food. I was, however, blessed with a cast iron stomach.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vegeta said...

Yes on the way over to skull Island Wolverine only joined one new team, Iam proud he's learning some tolernce No wait! while I was writing that sentence he joined three more Gah!

11:49 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

After LGS this food should be easy. At least it is made by people with a hint of cooking skills.

And way are you wearing a princess outfit to dinner. That is just a little creepy.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Uh that wasn't me. For some reason Hillary was there making faces at the chilled monkey brains.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

It's amazing how little your constitution has changed in over 200 years.

Not at all like its legal cousin.

11:26 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Jon, Mock me all you want, but please leave Sir Edmund out of your funky croos-dressing dinners :)

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home