Thursday, March 01, 2007

AOC: Aiding the Abettors

Just as I am going into the Swoo Lin Dong to get Angel, he exits the building smiling.

I have employed our rickshaw driver to take us to the next challenge. And get this ... his name is Rick Shaw!! It only cost $85 dollars.” Angel informs me with a gleam in his eyes

mobile rickshaw
RICK SHAW DRIVING HIS RICKSHAW

I slap my forehead, “So we have $15 dollars left to do the challenge?”

Uhhh, no. I also bough drinks for Rick and me.” He says sheepishly

Great! We hop in the rickshaw and head over to the Guangzhou Hotel

Beiing-guangzhouhotel
WELCOME TO THE HOTEL GUANGZHOU, SUCH A LOVELY PLACE

We are then introduced to the 10 outstanding volunteers for the 2008 Summer Olympics. Apparently these were the folks who turned in more of their dissident neighbor than anyone else in the city.

We load them onto a bus and I start the night life tour. The bus start to rock a bit and the low brrrrrrr of the engine can be heard.

Good evening all. I hope you all have a great time tonight. We are going to start the evening with a quick tour. Please pull down all the window shades and keep your eyes on me and the front.”

Directly in front of us is the Forbidden City. I’d take you inside, but it’s forbidden.” I chuckle at my own joke. The group is quiet.

fobidden city
ANNE FRANCIS STARS IN FORBIDDEN CITY…

Now over my shoulder is Tiananmen Square. Didn’t you guys have a little flap there about 20 years ago. I feel your pain, pesky separatist

Tiananmen at night
TIANANMEN, AND NO WOMEN

I group is starting to get restless.

Look here is a re-enactor portraying a democracy movement supporter running from the Glorious Army of the Republic, I mean People, Glorious Army of the People.”

393808283_99111fe15a
RUN LEE LO, RUN

And finally you can see The Great Wall of China. Let’s see the neighbors dog bet by that.” I grin a the group. “This concludes out tour, we are now back at the hotel. You can lower the shade and exit the bus. I hope you all had a great time.”

A woman stands up and yells at me, “Are you some kind of idiot! We never left the parking lot. You winged friend just shook the bus and made BRRRRRRRRR noises. That fat cameraman held up large photo in front of the bus. The last was black and white!!!! How stupid are you anyways?”

Ha Ha, you got the joke. Good for you miss. Now we will do the real evening.” I turn to Angel and whisper loudly “What’s plan B.”

Half an hour late we are at Swoo Lin Dong, every one is dancing and having a great time.

Ralph asks Angel “So how did you afford to pay for this party?

All I had to do was provide a little entertainment for the Swoo Lin Dong patrons.” He says as he points to the center stage.

angel tak
DANG IT!!!!

We head back to Guangzhou around 4 am in the morning. I need of a shower ….

4 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

That's just nasty. I don't mean to judge but Angel is going to have go through some serious detox before he can back to the mansion.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You need of a shower? I need of a shower!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Paula Abdrool said...

I want to book a private plane to China right now! That's over near New Jerysey, right?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

You make my eyes hurt

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home