Thursday, February 15, 2007

Jon and Nightcrawler: At the Shinto Par-tay

“Thou hast bested four storm giants in the field of battle as well as yon warrior Volstagg on the drinking table,” the Mighty Thor grinned. “Verily thou hast declared thineselves warriors true.”

“Velien dank,” Nightcrawler said.

“Yes, thanks Thor,” I added. “Thanks for the compliment.”

“Yes verily Odinson feels thine physical prowess is a gift from Odin himself,” the Thunder God continued. “By my troth, thou art possessors of mad skills divine.”

“Ja, thanks,” Nightcrawler said.

“Yeah… thanks,” I added.

“By the enchanted uru hammer, I shall now take thee back to Midgard!” Once again, Thor guided us to the rainbow bridge back to Earth. We “landed” in Japan and our next challenge.

“Hello, welcome to our festival,” an older man bowed to us. Self consciously, we bowed back.

“Pleased to meet you,” I replied. “I am Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator and this is Nightcrawler.”

“I am Rverend Tanaka and this is my companion and arm candy. Are you ready for the challenge?” the man asked. “All the people here are ready to start.”

“I think this is more your speed,” I said to my mutant teammate. “You are a man of the cloth.”

“Ja, but I this is not my religion.” Nightcrawler pointed to the festival goers. “I don’t think zat I know what I should say.”

“Just say something,” I said. “Oh yeah, you gotta put on the traditional garbs, too.”



Nightcrawler stood in front of the crowd and raised his hands. “Carus secui goers , nos convenio hodie ut silicis ferreus quod porro procul is ubertas solemnitas. Nos mos vinum quod epulor quod addo is totus down. Nos mos secui amo is est 1999. Medicus Cox sceptrum. Can ego adepto an amen?”

Silence.

The crowd looked at him.

I looked at him.

“Uh, can I get an amen?”

The crowd looked around and shrugged at one another.

“Amen,” they said.

6 Comments:

Blogger captain koma said...

All you can get is an AMEN.

Also what exactly did Kurt say in Latin?

I'm quite sure it wasn't a prayer.

BANZAI!

12:32 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

My Latin is as rusty as my Photochop skills, but I think it says "Carrie sex goes, no convenient hoodies and sliced ferrets and quad porcupines in the salamis. No more vintage quad speedos if tofu down. No more Space 1999 – it sucked. Can Eggos adopt in Armenian?”


It does not make much since. When in doubt about things like this I just let my xenophobia kick in and say it cuz Kurt is a foreigner.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Yo dog, that prayer was bustin' out!
I have no rhyme for out and that makes me frown.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

My latin tranlator apparently works better than AOC's does.

I give it a civil 'Amen'

2:57 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

You're lucky the rules didn't call for an enthusiastic amen.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

I heard someone give that exact same prayer at a wedding once.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home