Wednesday, December 27, 2006

You want rules? You got rules.

*rolls up to podium and taps microphone*

"Yes, hello everyone? Can I have your attention please? Yes, if you could all have your seats? Caliban, just sit down. No, sit. Down. Yes, that's right. Thank you.

"No. No questions Gyrobo. I just have a few announcements to make. First of all . . Vegeta, would you please stop that? You can battle Wolverine to the death afterwards. Ok, now where was I?

"Oh yes, welcome to that Amazing Mutant Race 3. I'm glad all of you have decided to play. We've really be putting a lot of effort into arrainging for some unusual and interesting events during the race. I'm sure everyone will have a lot of fun.

"As this is a contest, there are some rules. Each leg of the race will start on Sundays, around 8pm Eastern Standard Time. You will receive your destination and the challenges you will face. Your description of you and your teammate's experiences must be up by Friday at midnight, Eastern Standard Time. If your post is not up by then, you will be eliminated.

"The official judge of the show - Simon - will comment on each poster in a fair and accurate way and then announce the arrival order. The last person to arrive will be eliminated. Simon will make his announcement on Sunday around noon, Eastern Standard Time.

"Your posts should tell of your teams travels from the start point up to about 100 yards from the finish line. Simon will then judge your posts on creativity and entertainment value.

"The deadline for signing up for the Amazing Mutant Race 3 will be this Sunday, December 31. The race will begin that day, around 8pm. Your first posts must therefore be up by January 5 at midnight.

"Now then, I have also updated the graphic a bit for the link to our site here. Those of you who have added the banner link may want to update. Those of you who haven't yet, might want to think about it. Here's the revised code. Just cut and paste -

(a href="http://amazingmutantrace3.blogspot.com/" title="Photo Sharing")(img src="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/322604272_69a910a579_o.jpg")(/a)

- and change the () to <>. Damn that pesky html.


"And for those of you who haven't yet announced who your partner is, now's the time to do so. If you haven't yet selected a mutant teammate, one will be assigned to you at random.

"Ok, any questions?"

8 Comments:

Blogger Kon-El said...

Am I supposed to send those Bat Girl pics too your mansion, or that Post office Box? Oh wait not that kind of question huh?

7:56 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

I await further instuctions chief.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I have a question. This thing, right here, on my neck, does this look inected to you?

6:25 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I'm sure if you ignore it, it will go away.

8:10 AM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Umm I'm gonna have to post at the right time. I'm not exatcly in the same time zone here. Also I have a camp to go to on the 18 Jan and will probabl be gone for most of that week. Oh well if I miss a post I miss a post. Its part of playing the game. I can't live on the internet.

Damn I wish I could.

Koma

8:46 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Well as long as you're not just slacking, I'm sure we can work something out for those people who have some kind of real life intrusion. You'll need to let me know in advance when and what the problem is and we'll see what we can do that is fair to everyone.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

To put < and > into your posts and comments, replace them with &lt; and &gt;

Works like a charm.

1:19 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

I don't have any problem if some entries come in late. (as long as it's legit) I'd hate to see people miss out if they really want to be in the race.

My schedules pretty open so I guess I have no excuses. :D

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home