Wednesday, December 13, 2006

AOC: Rough Landing

Bam!!! I hit the floor with a suddenness that nearly knocks the wind out of me. I lay on the ground, stunned trying to figure out what has just happened. Think! Clear your mind !

Ok what do I remember; I was on guard duty, the late shift. I had a few minutes and I was using the Holonet. That much I remember. What next? What was it? Come on you have to think!!

A pop-up. It was a pop-up. Said something about shoot the ducks and win a I-pod racer. So I shot at the ducks … then spinning and Bam! The floor!!

I hear a voice. “Mr. TK 266. Are you ok? You seem to be on the floor”

I look up and see a young women in a veil staring at me as if I were insane.

dust

“what… where … who are …” I stammer

“My name is Dust. I have the reception duty today. I assume you are here for the Amazing Mutant Race 3.” The young women replied, while looking at a clipboard.

“What … Who … Ducks ….” I stammered some more.

Dust laughs a little “Oh the Ducks. Hasn’t anyone ever told you not to click on pop-ups. I think that was Gaia little attempt a humor. She said you would be showing up to compete on the show.”

“Gaia, the women who stole my room on Last Gladiator Standing? That Gaia?” I snapped at Dust.

“Yes, Gaia. Well you should check in and choose your partner for the race.” Dust informed me

“No, I don’ think so young lady. I want to head back to my base before I get in trouble for being AWOL. So blink like Jennie or what every and pop me back home.” I glared

“Fat chance, clone boy.” She snapped back, “Your armored white butt is going to be in the race. We have a contract. You should have read the fine print in that pop-up.”

“But … But… I’ll get thrown in the brig if I come up missing from The Grand Army of the Republic.” I began stammering again.

Dust smiled. “No, you won’t. Your place is a far far away and a long time ago. I am sure Gaia will pop you right back into the exact moment you popped out of, after you lose the race. Time and space are no trouble for her.”

“Hey, no need to imply I am a loser.”

“Yeah, there is clone boy. I saw Last Gladiator Standing. You got loser written all over you.” Then she barked at me “NOW GO SIGN IN”

I headed off to the sing in desk, while wondering what was going on.

4 Comments:

Blogger captain koma said...

Oh dear the clone has made it here. Oh well at least Henchy's got someone to kick around with. I wonder who he's going to team up with?

Koma

Future winner of the amazing mutant race 3

5:20 PM  
Blogger Vegeta said...

Hmmm Welcome Tak. And you never shoot ducks I suppose you know that now though.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Dust has really gotten quite the attitude since Elixir made her violate all of her sacred religious beliefs with that drunken smooch a few months ago.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

I sense all kinds of trouble brewing.

Mmmm... trouble brew...

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home