Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Race Shall Go On

"Hey, Chuck! What's this crap in the paper about the Race bein' cancelled?!"

"Now, now Logan.," I told him in my most soothing voice. "No reason to get yourself all worked up. That's just. er, posturing by CBS. I am completley confident the Race will be going on."

"It better be. You know what happens when I get mad!"

"You paint yourself green and rip off all your clothes?" came a voice from the back of the room.

"You just made the list, Koma," Wolverine replied.

"Hey! What's this about Gaia playing?" another shouted out.

"Yes Henchman," I answered, "she is playing."

"But that's not fair!" he protested. "She's too powerful!"

"Yeah," Jon chipped in. "Didn't she reform the entire planet and erase all our memories a few months ago? Or did I just dream that?"

"At least she's a mutant," Wolverine said, glaring at Jon.

"Dont worry," I replied. "It will be fair. I'll put a psychic dampener in subconsciousness. It will be an effective block that limits her powers."

There was some mild grumbling, but everyone seemed to accept it.

"Now then," I continued, "the Race is going to begin tomorrow. I will be announcing in the evening the parameters for the first leg. Your descriptions must be up by Friday. In the event there is some crisis, foreseen or unforeseen, that prevents posting in a timely fashion, let me know and I will see if we can accomidate with a one-time extension. We want to keep it fair. That also means that there is no outside assistance allowed. Allies and comrades can't help. No spaceships, no super up cars, no satillites, etc. Any team breeching the rules will incur a penalty. See you tomorrow at the starting line."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

And there was much rejoicing. I knew you'd figure a way to get this thing going, Professor.

8:43 AM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Hey I thought I was already on Logans list.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home