Friday, January 26, 2007

Noel & Beast: Part 1; I hope he makes it.

Hank and I are once again sitting on a train. This time we are heading to The Grand Canyon. We both are surprised that we are still in this race. After everything that has happened to us. The blown out tire and the fun we had with Lex Luthor. Then the near death experience I had when my parachute failed to open. I wonder what fun this next round will be.

Hank and I arrive at the Grand Canyon Village. Once off the train we see the AMR booth, and we get our Road Block. I read it first and hand it over to Hank, telling him it will be his turn to do the Roadblock. This weeks Roadblock will consist of jumping the canyon on a rocket bike, or something like that. There was no way I was doing this. I'm still recovering from last week. He had no problem with it.

The first thing we have to do is find the area where the jump is set up at. We ask a few people if the knew where the narrowest part of the canyon was. They just looked at like we were some sort of strange creature. Wait a minute we are. That's one downfall of looking like this, everyone is afraid of you, or don't like you cause you look different (I'm not using the M or the F word). It worked great in the other rounds. I mean, most kids like animal and that helped with the lemonade sale. And looking like a cat helped in the performance round. But trying to ask an adult human in a train station for direction is like pulling teeth. I finally gave up after the fifth group of people told me to get away from them. Well, they all didn't say that, but most of it was not nice. A few even screamed at me. I'm really starting to hate it here. There is no real diversity on this planet. Where I come from (not my home planet, mind you) there are all different kinds of species. And most of them get along, for the most part. But here, you look slightly different, people hate you or treat you like crap. You know what I would love to do. Take these people and put them on Sky City for a few weeks. They then can get a taste of difference. And maybe once they come back to Earth they will treat their fellows Earthlings with respect. Cause honestly, you Earthlings are not so different from one another. True there are a few mutants, but still underneath you are all the same. I just wish others would realize this, because then it would be easier to get directions.

Anyway, we finally found a map that showed the spot. We hoped into our SUV and were off. We arrived there and noticed a couple other groups doing the jump. I'm not saying who they were OR how they did. I dropped Hank off and told him I would be waiting on the other side for him. I gave him a quick hug, which I honestly didn't want to let go of. I was worried someone might try and sabotage this part to. I didn't even want to think of what could go wrong. I almost started to cry, I was fighting the tears. He took notice after my body shook a little and he pulled me into a tighter embrace. He whispered into my ear that he will be just fine, and he would see my on the other side. I wanted to believe him, but after everything that happened to us, I wasn't so sure. He held me for a little longer, running his hand through my hair, trying to calm me (or himself, I'll never know). Finally I managed to pull myself away and looked into his eyes, giving him a small smile. He took his hand and placed it on the side of my face, using his thumb to wipe the tears that had escaped my eyes. He gave me a small smile and told me once this round was over we should go and do something together. Something just for us and not the race. I nodded, feeling better. He let go of me and turned to get ready for the jump, while I went back to the SUV. Before leaving I yelled out to him "I'll see you on the other side," and waved. He just waved back.

Once on the other side I waited for him to make his jump. I paced back in forth next to the SUV, I swear I left a trench there. After what seemed like hours an announcement was made that Hank was going to jump. I ran over to the side and waited.....



Ohhhhhhh I hope he makes it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Yo dog, er cat, I know that everything's goona be all right. When you're done, you're going to be able to do your stray cat strut.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

So Earth should solve all it's social tensions so that it's easier for you to get directions? Sounds reasonable. We'll get on that.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Ah for the good ol' days. When men wore fedoras and quickly gave directions to friendly cat-like aliens.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

I was going to give you a hard time for getting very preachy, but a wonderous thing happened in the next paragraph.

Noel, good for you for finally beginning to embrace your inner smutty romance novel writer and letting her free. "I almost started to cry, I was fighting the tears. He took notice after my body shook a little and he pulled me into a tighter embrace. He whispered into my ear ..."

Bloody wonderful. It almost makes all the self pity bearable.

3:55 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Three little words Noel.

Count them three.


GET



A



ROOM


Koma

8:09 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I thnk we should all thank Noel for helping counter Prof X bad pr on the talk show. Thanks to Prof X the people of Dirt think the ARM3 racers are sex crazed, homophobic anti-semites. (check his blog) Noel was just trying to show that we can be carring sensntive people.

By the way, did any one else just totally stare at Noel's butt when she was rubbing up agaist Hank? I mena it was just moving in a way that was difficult not to watch? Anyone.... nevermind, I guess it was just me.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

We were all there.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Paula Abdrool said...

I got all quivery while I read this!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Hank is a ladies man. Er, beast. Hanks is a ladies beast.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home