Thursday, January 04, 2007

Noel & Beast: Tall Buildings and Bears.

So here I am sitting in this lovely park listening to Xavier tell us where we are to go and what we are to do. I kind of zone out, but hear something about going to the tallest building to find something called a roadblock . I myself am not familiar with this world so I’m not to sure where it is. I’m sure Beast knows. He is smart and strong……

My mind starts to drift again and I’m brought back with the sound of Jon and his partner shouting “Empire State Building!” Well at least I now know what the tallest building is called, but where it is, is now the question.

Hank turns to me and says “Well what are we waiting for lets go!”

Soon we are running through downtown New York. There are so many people and vehicles and none of them fly or hover. Very strange. However this gives me an idea. As we sit and wait at a red light I turn to Hank and ask “Hey, I was wondering if it is at all possible to use my ship. I mean what would happen if our next Check point is out of the city. True we have money for a car and passports and stuff. But my ship is sitting at the mansion, and it’s ten times faster then any other plane I have seen here. Plus I seen Vegeta flying so why can’t we.” He doesn’t have time to answer cause the light changes green and the crowd continues moving down the street. We make it two more blocks and have to stop for a red light again. I know Hank is getting annoyed with all this stopping. But he did promise me that he wouldn‘t cross any more busy intersections.And he only promised that after I nearly got ran over by a bus when I tried to follow him into a busy intersection. I mean, he can jump over vehicles, I can’t, at least not yet.

Once we stopped at the intersection he turns to me and says “You know that sounds like a great idea. Why don’t you go back to the mansion and get your ship. While I go up there.” He points to a nearby building “And get the next destination.”

I just look at him and smile. “I have a better idea. Why don’t I just use my remote and call the ship to us. That way I don’t have to run all the way back to the mansion, which would take WAY to long to do.”

He looks dumbfounded “You have a remote controlled ship that you can start and have it come and get you?”

“Yeah!”

“Why didn’t you mentioned it earlier, we could have saved a ton of time.”

I shrugged “I guess I forgot.”

He tries to say something but is cut off by the shoving of people as the light turned green again. Once we near the building I can see some of the others scaling to the top. I sigh, that only means we are behind. I turn to Hank and say “Well, what the heck are you doing, you stupid furball. Get up there and get the next destination.”

He turns and glares at me “I would watch who you call a furball.” He reaches over and tugs some of my own fur.

“Okay I’m sorry, but will you please just go up there already.” I truly love teasing him. And I think he enjoys it too, in a way.

“Fine,” He turns around and starts to climb the wall. “But don’t forget to call that ship of yours.”

“Already done” I say as I push a button on a small remote.

I watch Hank climb up the building. Quit an enjoyable site I must add. I continue too watch until I hear a quite hum behind me. I turn to see my ship hovering a few feet over the cars.


People stare but I just smile as I push another button on the remote and a ladder drops from the bottom of the ship. I climb up it, and push open a small hatch. I enter a galley area and then make my way to the cockpit. I strap myself in and wait for Hank to arrive. I wanted to go up after him, but I didn’t know if that would be cheating or not. So I sat and waited. Soon enough he was in the ship with me. He looked a little tired and out of breath, why he never told me. But he did managed to tell me the next destination. Bloomington Minnesota and to the Mall of America. I type in the destination on the ships computer and let the ship do it’s work.

Man I love my ship. I’m just lucky Jomb had put in the coordinates to all the cities around the world in my ships computer. He said it might be helpful in the race. I swear that man still loves me, but he won’t admit it. Ohhh well, at least I have Hank …… blue sweaty fur…….. Geez I have to keep my mind on the race.

I turn to Hank and ask him if he wants something to drink. Of course he says yes, I mean why wouldn’t he, after climbing up and down that building. So I get up and get some bottled water from the cooling unit. He takes it and says thank you. I sit back down and watch the land go by at an amazing speed. I know this would be a very short trip. And sure enough before I knew it the computer beeped and the ship stopped right in front of the mall.



I decided to park it in a nearby vacant lot. But not before Hank and I got out of the ship at the front doors. Once we are standing on solid ground I push a few buttons and watch the ship make its way to the lot, lock itself up, and shuts down.

Man I love my ship.

As we enter the Mall we see the Detour. We are handed a piece of paper and it says that we either need to build a bear and give it to the child at the Day Care. Or build a lego super hero. We decide to go with build a bear. That sounds easy enough.

We run to the directory and see that there is only one Build a Bear store and it is on the first level. As we make our way to the store I start to think... How is one bear going to make the children at the Day Care happy. Why not make a bunch of them. One for each child. I believe we have enough time... Right!?!

Once we get to the store I bring this up to Hank. He agrees and we start making the bears. Hey they did say this was a team game, right.

We look around a see this:

All kinds of animals ready to be stuffed, not just bears.


So while Hank grabs one of each kind of bear or animal, and takes them to be stuffed,


I grab some cute clothes for each of the animals.

Once an animal is done being stuffed Hank tosses it in my direction. I then proceed to dress the bears. Hey this is kind of fun. I might have to come back here some time and make one for myself.

Here are some of the ones I made:

A Link Bear (From the Legend of Zelda game):



A Monkey and a White Bear:



And last but not least a Spiderman and a Batman Bear:




After making a dozen or so bears and other animals, we get them packed in their special boxes. Then we head off to the Day Care area. After a little searching we find it and start handing out the bears. And to our surprise the kids love them. You should have seen their faces light up.

Here is one little girl:




I think we have made their day. It made me smile and feel good inside as I watched them play with the animals. We also found out we made a couple too many. So what did we do with these extra bears. We donated them of course. I am so nice.

Well once we were done and the kids were all happy and playing with their new stuffed animals, the person running the Day Care handed us another envelope. We opened it to find the destination to the Pit Stop. So we say goodbye to the kids and after nearly getting tackled by a half dozen kids or so, we managed to make our way back outside. I call the ship back and we head to the Pit Stop…… Saint Paul and to the Radisson Hotel.

It has been a long day. I know I’ll sleep good tonight. Now I wonder if I have to share a room with Hank or not…….

12 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Yo dog, that Beast is one crazy cat!

I hope you FURgive me for saying that.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

A pleasant and uncomplicated journey.

How... unexpected?!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Yeah, there's gotta be something wrong with that trip.

1:49 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

What part of "...or any kind of outside assistance" don't people understand. Warbird get a military jet, Spiderman borrows something from Batman and now Noel. Say it ain't so. I just hope no one is a poor sport and tries to report these folks to the judges.


*goes and get "complaint to judges" form 183c, fills it out in triplicate and turns it into the "Judging Complaint sub-committee"*

Ha in just 3 short years you'll all be in trouble.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Right or wrong, that plane is one fine looking craft. I might have to talk to this Jomb fellow and see if I can get him to make me one.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Yeah but whenever you fly into space, don't you just call your Shia'ar girlfriend?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Randy, that armor is positively thinning on you.

And this entry reads like a Christian romance novel. What a dull blend of charity and vaugely naughty thoughts. Shame you didn't go to the S&M Build-A-Bear that Mr. Sommers found.

4:21 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I just went back and looked at my email and it didn't say anything about 'no outside assistance.' I looked on the blog post here stating the rules and it's been added in.

I wonder if we can get a pass for the first leg since it was an addendum to the original rules. I looked at my email carefully before writing my post so I wouldn't break any rules, and ended up breaking some anyway. So what do we do about that?

9:26 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Hank and Noel sitting in a tree.....

That was Caliban's idea.

I didn't think I cheated.

If I did I'm quite happy about it.

Koma

9:51 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Rules are meant to be broken.

But rulers aren't, apparently. They're meant to be used for measuring linear distances.

Huh. How about that?

12:57 AM  
Blogger Paula Abdrool said...

You are a beautiful wonderful person. Tonight was your night!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

"Ohhh well, at least I have Hank …… blue sweaty fur…….. Geez I have to keep my mind on the race."

I'm sorry, I'd give up the race if I had Hank alone....on a ship....for several hours.....

on second thought, I think I'd just use him to pass the time.....:D

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home