Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Princess (?) and The Spider

READY... SET... GO!

Today, I had asked Fade how I could try to look classier for the race. I mean, I know I'm already classy (red and blue jammies just scream "classy" don't they?), but I knew I'd have to upgrade if I was gonna race beside Emma Frost. So Angus suggested I wear my black suit, which I did.


Don't I look great?

MJ has finally started to get just a bit touchy about me racing with Emma. We had a bit of a fight, which ended when MJ called Emma to scream at her. Instead of that happening, Emma came over to comfort MJ, during which time they both fell asleep on our bed, consigning me to the couch. My life sucks sometimes.

So, looking classy and feeling a bit sleepy, I asked Emma, "To the Empire State Building?"

She laughed, "We'd be insaaaaane not to."

Funny, I'd just been thinking the same thing...

So we took off. To Hell with cabs, we took to the skyline, and Emma reverted to her diamond form, just to be on the safe side. It made her a bit heavier, but nothing I couldn't handle. What I couldn't handle was her outfit so it's just as well that she went all shiny...

We landed near the bottom of the ESB (Empire State Building) and, as previously arranged, I shot out a webline and scaled the building in under five minutes. I stopped at the top, the very top, and looked at the city. Then I jumped.

As I fell, Emma's voice came into my head, "Don't look at my ass right now, you'll kill yourself."

Damn, she caught me.

I shot out a web, and let myself down unto the ground. There were at least five cops trying to chat up Emma. Poor guys didn't stand a chance.

"Hiya Fellas," I said cheerfully as I hopped over, "she's with me."

******

"Turn right here, and land on top of that building." Emma instructed.

"Uh, why?"

"I've got us a ride." Emma smiled.

I dropped us onto the roof, and Emma went back to her normal skin. Just then, I saw a weird flying thing come out of nowhere:


"Get in." Emma instructed.

We did, and this guy was inside:


"Hello Emma, you're looking beautiful as ever." he said.

"Why thank you." I replied, and Emma hit me on the head.

She spoke to him, "Bruce, it's sooo good to see you, can we go to the back and talk?"

And they left me with the kid, whose name is Robin the Boy Wonder (as he repeatedly told me). He asked me so many annoying questions.

"Do you have a girlfriend? Do you get some? What's it like?"

When we finally got to the Mall of America, I bumped the controls on purpose to give Emma and Bruce a bit of warning before we landed. I got a telepathic scolding from Emma about not making her look bad. Witch.

Finally, when we got into the mall, Emma began to plead. "Please can we make a bear? I'm no good at all with LEGO."

"Well neither am I, so ok."

"Great! Look, you handled the Empire State Building, so let me make the bear alone."

As we traveled through the checkpoints, we kept up the conversation.

"I actually kinda like bears." said Emma. "My last boyfriend was just one big teddy bear."

"Kodiak?" I asked, "You mean, 'let's kill the Professor' Kodiak? Teddy Bear?"

Emma blushed, "That was just a misunderstanding. I'll work it out with him when he gets back..."

'Whatever you say..."

"Oh look, I finished my bear! See?"


"Emma, you are weird."

From there, we ran out of the building, and we took to the buildings again. Emma scanned people's minds for directions as we went.

"Look," she said, "we're almost at the Hotel."

12 Comments:

Blogger Gyrobo said...

So that's what bears look like without their fur.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Warbird said...

Gyro stole the words right out of my mouth

6:24 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

"Bruce, it's sooo good to see you, can we go to the back and talk?"

There was a back to that jet?!? I see a joke about the backseat of a VW bug coming on...

You two will have hard time with the race if your partner is always popping off to the back to 'talk' with the men you encounter. Though I suppose it will help your budget some.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Just thinking about MJ and Emma in the same bed gives me a special feeling inside.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

Yo dog, there ain't nothin' wrong with snuggling up to a big fuzzy bear. I know a great bar in west Hollywood full of 'em!

8:27 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Another time another place I would pity you all. Now I just see you as sad gits.

Another piece of random trash from Captain Koma.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Koma laying down the smack talk.

9:01 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

A bare bear. That is funny! Get it! it is a Bear that is Bare. It is almost the smae word but it's not. Dud I am so clever.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Warbird said...
Gyro stole the words right out of my mouth

Hey, gyrobo stole my gyro, too!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kon-El said...

And they left me with the kid, whose name is Robin the Boy Wonder (as he repeatedly told me). He asked me so many annoying questions.

"Do you have a girlfriend? Do you get some? What's it like?"



BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Man! The next Titans Meeting is is goin' to be entertaining when I tell evreyone this!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

I will continue stealing gyros until the Greek government recognizes my sovereignty.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Paula Abdrool said...

I think I've just seen heaven!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home